Saturday, November 1, 2008

IT'S A BOY!

I don't have photos yet, but as soon as I do I'll let you see them. They sexed my neice Dr. Katestandingstraightandtall's little nugget and it's a male child. I couldn't be more tickled. Not that a girl wouldn't have made me just as pleased, but as Bird put it, our nephews Tappa-Kegga-Wade, Bayonet Esak, and Blinky are such disappointments, it will be nice to start fresh and mold Little Booger into something we can all be proud of. Bird is already buying deer dragging wagons and child sized wood splitters. I have cuddly coyote skins and rattling horn rattles for him. His parents Dr. K and her husband Nurse What'shisname? assure both the grandparents and more importantly, the granduncles and aunts that we will all participate in raising the golden child. We may have to keep the little sack of germs away from my parents until 1/2 way through happy hour. After that, both the GGs will be pickled enough that no germs can get through.
Now the only looming issue is location-location-location. The storage locker in Syracuse is too small to properly raise a child. Oh! And the naming. Everyone says that Little Booger is not suitable. They even frown at LB. Personally I don't see it, but hell, I'm flexible. My next choice would be Osterhout. Being a traditionalist Dr. K took Nurse ?'s last name as her own when they got married, leaving Osterhout like an abandoned cat caught in the crawl space. Naming the kid Osterhout would seem like a logical solution to this. Osterhout What'shisname? has a nice ring to it.
As far as moving closer to the grandparents and ME, this once again seems like a no brainer. I have a very flexible schedule and a first aid certificate from my hunting guide's license, just in case the kid swallows any bullets. Me and Little Osti can hang out, play with the cats and.....I'm sure we'll think of something to keep occupied. The parents can work and go about their business confident that the BOY! is well cared for. Plus I have plenty of runway model friends who would love to accessorize with a rugrat for a day or so. The kid's got a bright future. March is just around the corner. Bring it on.

No comments: